Now is the time to call your legislators.
Make sure they don’t follow Trump’s reckless “leadership”, or resort to typical, ineffective, neoliberal, trickle-down band-aids.
Wellstone is suggesting these policies as a starting point.
- (Federally) Immediate passage of Rep. Jayapal’s Medicare-for-All H.R. 1384
- (Federally) Provide guaranteed reimbursements for states to acquire all Personel Protective Equipment (PPE) needed for healthcare workers
- (Federally) Raise the minimum wage to at least $15 per hour, tied to inflation, with hazard pay for any essential employee
- (Federally) Extend Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to all persons as an unconditional grant for non-corporate economic stimulus
- (Federally) Establish a Federal Job Guarantee
- (Statewide) Enforce a moratorium on evictions and mortgage payments
- (Statewide) Extend Calfresh benefits to all California citizens who want to sign up, by waiving all income/wealth means-testing
- (Statewide) Establish a CA single-payer system in advance of any federal system
- (Locally) Establish a local public bank to invest counter-cyclically.
- (Locally) Establish a housing guarantee and Renters Bill of Rights.
Please take a few minutes to place a call to your representatives.