Our Revolution Sacramento / Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento (WPDS) is an officially-chartered Club of the Democratic Party of Sacramento County (DPSC). We are a membership group that takes political action and is open to registered Democrats in Sacramento County. We are classified as a General Purpose Committee under the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC ID # 1356343).
Most of our work is done by our Executive Board. You can read our Official Bylaws or full Strategic Plan to better understand our operations.
If you want to make the Democratic Party more progressive, join as a dues-paying member and attend an upcoming event.
A fair, just, and equitable world where all communities fully participate in the political process
We put progressive Democrats into power by
- supporting progressive campaigns, candidates, and policies;
- welcoming new people into the political process;
- developing activists into viable candidates;
- holding elected officials accountable to all our communities.
- Accountability and Electoral Reform
- Affordable Housing and Homelessness
- Demilitarization (Local and Global)
- Disability Justice
- Economic Justice and Workers’ Rights
- Environmental Justice
- Gender Equity
- Healthcare for All
- Public Banking
- Public Education
- Public Transportation
- Racial Justice
OUR THEORY OF CHANGE
Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento are the official local chapter of Our Revolution, whose mission has three key goals:
- Elect progressive candidates
- Build bench of progressive champions and policies
- Organize a movement inside the halls of power and outside in the street